This game is interesting but the farthest anyone can go so far with my experience is about 500 meters.
What Swims Beneath Us.
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
'What Swims Beneath Us.' is a short horror game made in under 48 hours for Ludum Dare 48. The player must try to get as deep as they can before they run out of oxygen or get caught by what swims beneath. When moving down, the beast will come hunting, so be careful and track the monster on your tablet, with your eyes and with your ears.
How to play
- Click to the left or right of the screen to turn.
- Click at the bottom of the screen to bring up/put away radar tablet.
- Click on the button at the front of the cage to start/stop descending.
- The monster is attracted to the sound of the cage descending.
- Track the monster using the tablet, your ears and your eyes.
- The tablet has a limited battery life, so don’t rely on it too much.
- Keep track of oxygen and get as deep as possible without dying.
- Descending whilst the beast is too close or descending for too long a period of time without stopping will cause him to attack.
- See how deep you can get. There is no 'ending' to this game, just want to get as deep as possible before oxygen runs out.
- Sharks/Fish will sometimes clip through the cage.
- Occasional audio popping.
Download and unzip / Use the itch.io app
Build has issues when installed from the Itch.io website. Please install the Itch.io app and download the game through that instead.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I love these aquatic type horror games and this one did not disappoint, it was honestly terrifying and I loved every bit of it!
Hey, I would ask you if | can stream your game on twitch?
I like him, the kid's got SPUNK. PIZZAZ. He's got a real LEADERSHIP MENTALITY. Good lad...good lad...
That was different and fun, I love the colors! NO ONE CAN BEAT MY SCORE! lol.
Odlični koncept i tema igrice, grafički je odlična i veoma zvučna dobra, radujem se još ovakvih igrica!
cool little game very fun !
This was very interesting, I think you should expand on this game some more with a plot of some sort and some polish. I had a blast experimenting with game mechanics and I gave my review at the end!
oh, great. Computer audio doesn't work.
haha this was a really fun experience!! Thanks so much for making this game :D here is my video for you to see how my adventure into the deep went :)
GREAT and simple game, but i can rely on the heart beat to predict where the shark is. It is a good game despite this.
Love this short game! It's straight to the point, but my only thing is you see the creature right away! It would be fun to have to descend a little bit before seeing it!
love the short game its fun and very simple i found a bug where the shark just go right thru me
can you make it on browser PLEASEEEEEEE I REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME BUT IM ON CHROMEBOOK A SCHOOL ONE PLEASE I BEG YOU
Gave it a Let's Play, and lots of feedback on my thoughts/suggestions
underwater FNAF I love it!
Quite the unique game you've made here, congrats on making it so quickly. Here's my playthrough of it -
Absolutely great. It is really claustrophobic and leaves you very tense.